Sunday, November 18, 2012

Copyright part three

A short note about YouTube 



If you use YouTube to post videos I hope you read your user agreement closely. Did you know that you authorize others to post your video within specific parameters?

“You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service.” (YouTube terms of service section 6C)

This also has an impact on bloggers. This means that you can post other peoples YouTube videos on your blog. You must have it linked back to the original YouTube post though. I would also ensure that you cite your source appropriately. I would be careful but you are covered by the YouTube TOS if you want to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment