Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pocket - Review

Keep your reading organized

If you are like me, you do a lot of surfing on the internet to find ideas to write about. You also follow a fair amount of people on twitter and Facebook. I find a lot of articles that I want to read but generally don’t have the time. I wanted to share my solution with you.


I use a program called Pocket. Pocket is an amazing website that lets you save articles to be read when you have the time. It has an Android and iPhone app also. It is very simple also. First make an account. Then add their link to your bookmark bar or you can use their browser extensions. Add articles as you find them. You can also save from your phone using the "share" feature on a website or in your browser.

When you have time, waiting for an appointment, riding a train, whenever, you can read your articles. The best part is that on your mobile device, it is all saved offline so you don’t need to have internet access to read.

Pocket has a lot of options when reading an article. You can modify the layout, change the font size, or share the article to other applications. After reading you can delete the article, save it, or star it. Pocket also saves the images embedded in articles. Pocket saves the original link back to the article so you can always get back to where you found it at.

I love Pocket for keeping track of articles I want to read. I also use it to save websites that I want to review later. I spend time in the morning roaming the internet and saving articles to Pocket. Then, throughout the day I read them and determine if they might be useful to my readers. If not it gets deleted. If it could be useful I save it and write a post about it later that night or when I have time.

Check out GetPocket.com. Oh, and did I mention that it is completely free? 

No comments:

Post a Comment