Some good etiquette to follow.
I definitely suggest using Twitter to drive more people to your website or blog. It is a great way to reach new people and keep your followers up to date on what you are doing. Start by following people and companies that are similar to what you are doing. I follow Google, android, a programming company, and some other bloggers. Tweet as often as you can but make sure you are writing about things that are relevant or interesting. Don't send a lot of spam tweets out or no one will want to follow you. I started out doing two tweets a day, then adding more as I got rolling. According to Hubspot, 15-25 tweets a day is the “sweet spot.” I find it difficult to have that much relevant or interesting information on a daily basis. But do what is comfortable and works for you.Follow people that are following you. Send them a private message thanking them for following you. Ask them to check out your blog or like your Facebook page. You can send them a private message, or what twitter calls a direct message by using the gear icon at the top right of the screen.
Make sure to tweet every time you put a blog post up. Tweet with a link back to the post to drive more traffic your way. Use a couple relevant hash tags to direct people to your tweets. Tweet a few times throughout the day to catch people who may be in different time zones or on different schedules.
Always check out the Trends screen. It is on the left side of your twitter home screen. This shows you what searches and topics are popular at the moment. If you see something relevant to your topic, tweet about it with the hash tag. It will draw a lot of extra traffic to your twitter feed and your website.
No comments:
Post a Comment